Land-Use, Preservation and ZoningAugust 24, 2017
Effective, Open, Responsive GovernmentAugust 24, 2017
Clean, Scandal Free Government
As Mayor, Richard will root out corruption.
- Follow the money. End pay-to-play, slush funds, and corruption. Don’t solicit or accept contributions from people doing business with NYC or seeking approvals.
- Avoid even the appearance of impropriety in government by ending illegal and questionable fundraising. Strengthen and comply with conflict of interest laws.
- Avoid conduct that results in a need to pay $15,000,000 in taxpayer money for legal fees to fight multiple corruption investigations.
- Do not release deed restrictions to allow luxury housing to replace a nursing home, and thereby allow the owner of Rivington House to flip it for a $72,000,000 profit.
- Govern in the public interest rather than for personal political gain.