Clean, Scandal Free GovernmentAugust 24, 2017
Effective, Open, Responsive Government
As Mayor, Richard will champion a more inclusive and accountable city administration.
- Hire pragmatic, effective world-class managers, who openly work through solutions to our biggest challenges transparently and inclusively.
- Use cost/benefit analysis to spend our $85 billion budget more wisely. We should have seen more benefit from the Mayor’s 20% budget increase from $70 billion.
- Shine a light on all government spending and take action to reduce waste.
- Reduce funds to not-for-profits that use NYC funding for excessive executive pay.
- Begin citywide local participatory budgeting, with public input for spending.
- Stream and archive City Council, City Planning, and community board meetings.
- Fight for campaign finance reform to lower contributions and matching thresholds.
- Build consensus for approval for NYC to use design/build contracting, value engineering, and updated technology to reduce construction costs.
- Fight for fair NYS funding for unfunded mandates for schools and homelessness.
- Fight for home rule, so that NYC can determine its own future better.
- Support the NYS constitutional convention on the ballot this year to achieve these and other goals, by jumping over Albany’s roadblocks to change.