Civil Rights, Public Safety, and Criminal Justice ReformAugust 24, 2017
Strengthening Our Schools, and Equal RightsAugust 24, 2017
Mass Transit, Transportation, and Infrastructure
As Mayor, Richard will be a champion of creative solutions that meet our 21st century transportation needs.
- Fight for mayoral priorities on transit funding, with detailed plans to build consensus.
- Work cooperatively with the Governor on long-term capital and expense plans to reduce delays, upgrade signals, and increase capacity.
- Subsidize subways and buses more, especially for workers and job-seekers.
- Extend mass transit in each borough to reach all communities, and integrate transit to allow travel throughout New York City on a single-fare.
- Increase bus service right away, rather than merely propose future expensive unfunded projects that will be killed by local opposition anyway (like the BQX) .
- Improve roads, street cleaning, snow removal, signs, signals, and road markings.
- Work with neighborhoods to fix hazards and bottlenecks, and smooth congestion.
- Add traffic calming, protected intersections, and other safety measures.
- Improve road sharing to separate cars, bicycles, pedestrians, and buses.